- Marianne Sophie Tarcov, "Unveiling Open Secrets of Hometown, War, and Mass Culture in Twentieth-Century Japanese Poetry"
- Orna Elizabeth Shaughnessy, "The Visible Translator: Language and Identity in Meiji-period Japanese Travel Narratives"
- Laurence Hiley Smith Coderre, "Socialist Commodities: Consuming Yangbanxi in the Cultural Revolution"
- Ryan Kyle Beville, "Trajectories of Form in Modern Japanese Poetry"
- Jesse James Chapman, "The Rhetoric and Ritual of Celestial Signs in Early Imperial China"
- Soo Mi Lee, "Performing Postcolonial Feminine Identity as Shaman: Building Narrative Bridges Between Two Worlds"
- Aileen Marie Cruz, "Representing the Gaichi in Japanese Detective Fiction"
- David Christopher Humphrey, "Warai: Laughter, Comedy and the Television Cultures of 1970s, 80s and 90s Japan"
- Brian Riley Hurley, "Reading the Literary Language of Japan's Long 1930s"
- Corey Jonathan Byrnes, "Rising From a Placid Lake: China's Three Gorges at the Intersection of History, Aesthetics and Politics"
- Xiao Liu, "Information Fantasies: Culture and Media in the Post-Mao 'New Era'
- Pauli Wai, "Merging Horizons: Authority, Hermeneutics, and the Zuo Tradition from Western Han to Western Jin (2nd c. BCE–3rd c. CE)"
- Paul Roquet, "Atmosphere as Culture: Ambient Media and Postindustrial Japan"
- Patrick James Noonan, "'Our Dissolution:' Subjectivity, Collectivity, and the Politics of Form in 1960s Japan"
- Xiaojing Sun, "The Sound of Silence: Daqu ("big-suite") and Medieval Chinese Performance"
- Joshua Michael Petitto, "The Irony of the Sea: Romantic Disruptions of Japanese Literary Modernity"
- Matthew Thomas Fargo, "Makino Shinichi, Sakaguchi Ango, and Oda Sakunosuke: Modern Japanese Literature as a Joke"
- Miyabi Modry Yamamoto, "Modern Woman, Loving Marriage, and the Promises of Advancement"
- Harrison Tse-Chang Huang, "Excursions, Estates, and the Kingly Gaze: The Landscape Poetry of Xie Lingyun"
- Tiezhu Dong, "The Role of Disguise in Early Chinese Culture: A Reading of the Wu Yue chunqiu"
- Piotr Gibas, "History, Ideology and the Individual - Portraiting People in the 'Zuozhuan'"
- Zelideth Maria Rivas, "Jun-nisei Literature in Brazil: Memory, Victimization, and Adaptation"
- Christopher Scott Weinberger, "An Ethics of Self-consciousness in Modern Japanese Literary Writing"
- Dun Wang, "'Give Me a Day, and I Will Give You the World': Chinese Fiction Periodicals in Global Context, 1900-1910"
- Janice Shizue Kanemitsu, "Extraordinary Exemplars in the Period Pieces of Chikamatsu Monzaemon"
- Miyuki Wheeler Sorenson, "Fleeting is Life: Kengozen and her Early Kamakura Court Diary, Tamakiwaru"
- Marc Yamada, "The Politics of Japanese Postmodern Fiction"
- Joseph Tsuyoshi Sorensen, "Optical Allusions: Screens, Painting, and Poetry in Heian and Kamakura Japan"
- Sayuri Irene Oyama, "Discriminating Readings: Burakumin and the Literature of Shimazaki Tōson and Nakagami Kenji"
- Deborah Michelle Shamoon, "Seductive Innocents, Beautiful Friends: Representations of Teenage Girls in Modern Japanese Fiction and Film"
- David Kenneth Schneider, "Hero of Sympathy: Du Fu's Political-Philosophical Poetics, 752-756"
- Kirsten Cather, "The Great Censorship Trials of Literature and Film in Postwar Japan, 1950-1983"
- Yuming He, "Productive Space: Performance Texts in the late Ming"
- Anne Elizabeth Sokolsky, "Not Just a New Woman Writer: The Political Awakenings in Tamura Toshiko's Fiction from 1936 to 1938"
- David Neal Averbach, "Mercenary Mamas and Rising Sons: The Figure of the Controlling Mother in Modern Japanese Literature"
- Larissa N. Heinrich, "The Pathological Body: Science, Race, and Literary Realism in China, 1770-1930"
- Shaodan Luo, "Getting Beyond the Dichotomy of Authenticity and Spuriousness: A Textual Study on the Xinshu"
- Imre Galambos, "The Evolution of Chinese Writing: Evidence from Newly Excavated Texts (490-221 BC)"
- Marilyn Frances Bolles, "Transforming Desire: Power, Sexuality, and the Fantastic in Postwar Fiction by Ishikawa Jun and Enchi Fumiko"
- Stefania Eliza Burk, "Reading Between the Lines: Poetry and Politics in the Imperial Anthologies of the Late Kamakura Period (1185-1333)"
- Kimberly Tae Kono, "Writing Imperial Relations: Romance and Marriage in Japanese Colonial Literature"
- Ikuko Yuasa, "Politeness, Emotion, and Gender: A Sociophonetic Study of Voice Pitch Modulation"
- Zhongmin Chen, "Studies on Dialects in the Shanghai Area---Their Phonological Systems and Historical Developments"
- Gregory Arthur Lloyd, "The Two-Storied Teahouse: Art and Politics in Lao She's Plays"
- Li Liu, "A Phonological Study on the Rhymes of Zhu Youdun's Works: Comparing the Rhymes of Old Mandarin in the Yuan and Early Ming China," 1999
- John Christopher Hamm, "The Sword, The Book, and the Nation: Jin Yong's Martial Arts Fiction," 1999
- Paola Zamperini, "Lost Bodies: Images and Representations of Prostitution in Late Qing Fiction," 1999
- Gretchen Irene Jones, "Deviant Strategies: the Masochistic Aesthetic of Tanizaki Jun'ichirō and Kōno Taeko," 1999
- Eric Thomas Long, "The Notion of Control and the Discourse of Heian Literature," 1998
- Zev Joseph Handel, "The Medial Systems of Old Chinese and Proto-Sino-Tibetan," 1998
- Mayumi Yoshida, "Politics of Virtue: Political and Personal Facets of the Neixun," 1998
- Karin Elizabeth Myhre, "The Appearance of Ghosts in Northern Drama," 1998
- Andrew Fredrick Jones, "Popular Music and Colonial Modernity in China, 1900-1937," 1997
- Andra Lynn Alvis, "Fantasies of Guilt in the Autobiographical Fiction of Yasuoka Shotaro," 1996
- Midori Yamamoto McKeon, "The Urashima Legend: Changing Gender Representations in a Japanese Tale," 1996
- Deborah Marie Rudolph, "Literary Innovation and Aesthetic Tradition in Travel Writing of the Southern Sung: A Study of Fan Ch'eng-ta's Wu ch'uan lu," 1996
- Amy Gwen Christiansen, "Reclaiming an Archetypal Image: The Mountain Crone Figure in Contemporary Japanese Women's Writing," 1995
- Derek D. Herforth, "Conditional Sentences in Old Chinese," 1994
- Patricia Sieber, "Rhetoric, Romance, and Intertextuality: The Making and Unmaking of Guan Hanqing in Yuan and Ming China," 1994
- Giovanni Vitiello, "Exemplary Sodomites: Male Homosexuality in Late Ming Fiction," 1994
- Robert Elvin Campbell, "The Pusan Section of the Shōkai Shingo: Study and Translation," 1993
- Richard Charles Markley, "The Kagoshima Dialect of Japanese: Some Sociolinguistic Aspects," 1993
- Linda Greenhouse Wang, "A Study of Ma Chih-Yuan's San-ch'u and Tsa Chü Lyrics," 1992
- Kimberly Ann Besio, "The Disposition of Defiance: Zhang Fei as a Comic Hero of Yuan Zaju," 1992
- Mark Bentley Williams, "Shadows of the Former Self: Images of Christianity in Contemporary Japanese Literature," 1991
- Faye Yuan Kleeman, "The Uses of Myth in Modern Japanese Literature: Nakagami Kenji, Oe Kenzaburo, and Kurahashi Yumiko," 1991
- Hsiao-jung Yu, "A Grammatical Study of the Language of Rulin Waishi," 1991
- Robert Lawrence Chard, "Master of the Family: History and Development of the Chinese Cult to the Stove," 1990
- Jonathan Eugene Kowallis, "Poets of the Old Schools: A Study of Established Poetic Circles in China during the Late Qing (Ch'ing) and Early Republican Eras," 1990
- Constance Anne Cook, "Auspicious Metals and Southern Spirits: An Analysis of the Chu Bronze Inscriptions," 1990
- Grace Claire Wiersma, "A Study of the Bai (Minjia) Language Along Historical Lines," 1990
- H. Mack Horton, "Poetry in Motion: The Linked-Verse Master Sōchō and His Journal, Sōchō Shuki," 1989
- Martin G. Backstrom, "The Castles of Shu: Dream Motives in the Poetry of Lu You (1125-1210)," 1989
- Shirley Yumiko Hulvey, "The Nocturnal Muse: A Study and Partial Translation of Ben No Naishi Nikki, a Thirteenth-Century Poetic Memoir," 1989
- David Brian Honey, "Sinification and Legitimation: Liu Yüan, Shih Le, and the Founding of Han and Chao," 1988
- Terry Frederick Kleeman, "Wenchang and the Viper: The Creation of a Chinese National God," 1988
- Marisa Chalitpatanangune, "Heiji Monogatari: A Study and Annotated Translation of the Oldest Text," 1987
- Kuang-yu Chang, "Comparative Min Phonology," 1986
- Stephen R. Bokenkamp, "The Ledger on the Rhapsody: Studies in the Art of the T'ang Fu," 1986
- Judith M. Boltz, "Taoist Rites of Exorcism," 1985
- Richard Alan Kunst, "The Original Yijing: A Text, Phonetic Transcription, Translation, and Indexes, With Sample Glosses," 1985
- Preya Wongkhomthong, "A Preliminary Investigation of Thai and Japanese Formulaic Expressions," 1985
- Lynne Kimiko Miyake, "Tōnomine Shōshō Monogatari: A Translation and Critical Study," 1985
- Richard Hideki Okada, "Unbound texts: narrative discourse in Heian Japan," 1985
- Wendy Larson, "Autobiographies of Chinese Writers in the Early Twentieth Century," 1984
- Elizabeth Watts Hyland, "Oracles of the True Ones: Scroll One," 1984
- Donald J. Harper, "The Wu shih erh ping fang: Translation and Prolegomena," 1982
- Suzanne Cahill, "The Image of the Goddess Hsi Wang Mu in Medieval Chinese Literature," 1982
- Lewis Stewart Robinson, "Double-Edged Sword: Christianity and Twentieth-Century Chinese Fiction," 1982
- Yuet Fong Chung, "A Thematic Study of Southern-dynasties Court Love Poetry," 1982
- Edward Blair Fowler, "Fiction and Autobiography in the Modern Japanese Novel," 1981
- Chiyuki Kumakura, "The Narrative Time of Genji Monogatari," 1980
- Beth Ann Upton, "The Poetry of Han Wo (844-923)," 1980
- Steven Douglas Carter, "Mapping Tsukuba: A Conventional Reading of the Hyakuin," 1980
- Douglas McOmber, "Hsü Ti-shan and the Search for Identity: Individuals and Families in the Short Stories of Lo Hua Sheng (1894-1941)," 1980
- Victoria Baldwin Cass, "Celebrations at the Gate of Death: Symbol and Structure in Chin P'ing Mei," 1979
- Michael L. Gotz, "Images of the Worker in Contemporary Chinese Fiction (1949-1964)," 1977
- Edmond Yee, "Love Versus Neo-Confucian Orthodoxy: An Evolutionary and Critical Study of Yu-tsan chi by the Ming Dramatist Kao Lien," 1977
- David Pollack, "Linked-verse Poetry in China: A Study of Associative Linking in lien-chü Poetry with Emphasis on the Poems of Han Yu and and his Circle," 1976
- Hua-yuan Li Mowry, "Ch'ing Shih and Feng Meng-lung," 1976
- Larry W. Rogers, "Rags and Tatters: A Study and Partial Translation of the Eighteenth-Century Haibun Collection Uzuragoromo," 1975
- Michael S. Duke, "The Life and Work of Lu You (1125-1210)," 1975
- Hung-nin Samuel Cheung, "The Language of the Tun-huang Pien-Wen," 1974
- William G. Boltz, "Studies in Old Chinese Word Families," 1974
- Sarah Meyers Allan, "The Heir and the Sage: A Structural Analysis of Ancient Chinese Dynastic Legends," 1974
- Kai Cheong Leung, "Hsü Wei as Dramatic Critic: An Annotated Translation of the Nan-tz'u Hsü-lu, Account of Southern Drama," 1974
- Jeannette Louise Faurot, "Four Cries of a Gibbon: A Tsa-chü Cycle by the Ming Dramatist Hsu Wei (1521-1593)," 1972
- Gilbert W. Roy, "A Critical Edition of the Tenrei Banshō-Myōgi," 1972
- Alvin P. Cohen, "The avenging ghost: moral judgment in Chinese historical texts," 1971
- Marian B. Ury, "Genkō Shakusho, Japan's First Comprehensive History of Buddhism: A Partial Tranlsation with Introduction and Notes," 1970
- Jerry Norman, "The Kienyang Dialect of Fukien," 1969
- Ronald C. Miao, "Critical Study of Life and Poetry of Wang Chung-hsuan," 1969
- John Jamieson, "The Sanguk Sagi and the Unification Wars," 1969
- Gerald B. Mathias, "The Selectional Features of Japanese Verbs," 1968
- Olof G. Lidin, "Ogyū Sorai, Life and Philosophy, With Full Translation of His Work Bendō and Partial Translation of his Work Seidan," 1967
- Felicia Gressitt Bock, "Engi-shiki: Ceremonial Procedures of the Engi Era, 901-922," 1966
- Gari K. Ledyard, "Korean Language Reform of 1446," 1966
- William H. McCullough, "Shōkyūki and Azumi kagami: Sources for the Shōkyū War of 1221," 1966
- Albert E. Dien, "Yen Chih-T'ui (531-591): His Life and Thought," 1962
- Robert L. Backus, "Matsudaira Sadanobu as a Moralist and Litterateur," 1963
- George W. Kent, "Seven Terms of the Chou-Han Traditionalist Ethic," 1962
- Jim Tomomasa Araki, "The Kōwakamai: A Survey of Its Development as a Medieval Performed Art and a Study of its Texts," 1961
- Benjamin E. Wallacker, "The Huai-Nan-Tzu, Book Eleven: Behavior, Culture, and the Cosmos," 1961
- Helen Craig McCullough, "A Study of the Taiheiki, a Medieval Japanese Chronicle," 1960
- Helen Burwell Chapin, "Toward the Study of the Sword as Dynastic Talisman: the Feng-ch'eng Pair and the Sword of Han Kao Tsu," 1955